Thursday, June 21, 2012

Entry #7 - Final Project

And final blog post (farewell!)


Things I saw From Where I Slept (prelude)
Laura E.
running time - 1:35 (extended edition)
Multiple methods are used to create a layered, surreal effect reflective of a dream. Hand-drawn transformations evolve around an ever present circular entity, which manifests itself in different forms conducive to the fantastical narrative.


The extended edition is only available on the DVD, so sorry, (I don't think anyone will see it...)
But I'm very pleased with the final version.
   

4 comments:

  1. so no plans on uploading it? (i'm prepping a version of my stuff for YouTube) I wouldn't mind seeing yours or a few other peoples again.

    Your usage of traditional animation for your final really stood out in a good way from the rest of our class. your quality and style were wonderfully illustrated in motion and the simplicity of the image chromatics gave it a wonderful otherworldly sens to compliment the subject.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the compliments! I'm not sure whether I'll do YouTube or Vimeo in the future, I'm not really into the internet much, but it's certainly logical proposition. I'm currently debating setting up a website for my art (Depending on if I get over this online aversion of mine...) If I do get around to it I'll you all know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Web presence is a fairly important piece of the puzzle for artists of today. I urge you to have a web portfolio if you are aiming to be successful as an artist.

      Delete
  3. I too loved the traditional method. It was very unique once you converted the physicality of the drawing into the digital realm. I also think that your final statement exemplifies your work nicely. I would love to see you take it further because I enjoyed it so much!

    ReplyDelete